CRT's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO!! so does anyone know what is a good/bad refresh rate for a CRT monitor?

The problem is that LCD's are not measured in the same way as CRT's, hence the confusion over which is superior. Reference the other link on CRT/LCD for an explanation.

This is all done in an attempt to drive the new media market. Myself included, I buy into for convenience puropses rahter than reality.

True analog video and true analog sound will be superior to digital reproductions for some time to come.

DVI isn't an incredible step above VGA.

You can't compare the two they are completely different ways of sending the information: analogue or digital. its like comparing RED light and BLUE light you can't compare them because they behave differently. To some users VGA is ideal, for others DVI is the better option

in answer to the original poster a CRT the higher the refresh rate the better. If the refresh rate is not high enough the screen (if you step back) will appear to be constantly flashing its hard to explain as it is fairly subtle but you can see the light being changed across the screen really quickly and it is just fluctuating lol hope this helps

As far as refresh rate is concerned, anthing below 8ms is undecernable to the naked eye. Refresh rate is only one of many points of measurement which make up the visual spectrum. Just as digital oversampling is one of only many ways of measuring the audio spectrum.

35mm cameras still take better pictures than a 10 or even 14 megapixel camera. The reason being, that format (digital) is taking a virtual "sample" of the image. Regardless of what anyone says, an analog image, is the only true represenation of the that image. Digital only gives you a recreation. Therefore it is inferior.

You can't compare the two they are completely different ways of sending the information: analogue or digital. its like comparing RED light and BLUE light you can't compare them because they behave differently. To some users VGA is ideal, for others DVI is the better option

in answer to the original poster a CRT the higher the refresh rate the better. If the refresh rate is not high enough the screen (if you step back) will appear to be constantly flashing its hard to explain as it is fairly subtle but you can see the light being changed across the screen really quickly and it is just fluctuating lol hope this helps

I'm talking about looking at a monitor with VGA and looking at an identical monitor with DVI, could you point out the difference? I was never talking about the technological side of the two, just the visual difference.

VGA will be better quality over short distances, digital will be the better image over long distances. What I mean by red and blue is that there is no way to compare them in looking at the monitors because there are more factors involved then just the cable there is the screen, there is the distance the information has traveled, the complexity of the information needing to be potrayed

Some of you gave "ms" as refresh rates for a CRT... which I think is incorrect. It should be in Hertz...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom