Windows Live and Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know there was a Windows Live... surely that is just the internet, lol

And no, Halo 2 isn't cross platform. Games need to be specifically made to be able to be played using different platforms. Like when GoW comes out on PC, it will not be multiplayer with the xbox community cause the xbox game wasn't made to work with PC. Unless the devs go insane and try to make everyone download a huge patch for GoW on xbox and enable it on the PC version, but for some reason I don't think that is going to happen, i dont know why, just a creeping sensation i get when i hear something RIDICULOUS.

actually windows live is a new cross platform feature that is going to be offered on a few games that will be on pc as well as xbox 360. however, i believe the only game out right now that is capable of this is shadowrun. i wouldn't see why halo 2 won't be able to do this later except for the fact that it was created for xbox a while ago, way before windows live was even a concept, where as shadowrun was just recently developed.

going farther on what third had just said in his first sentence...from what I've heard, which was about half a year ago, Microsoft was looking for a way to incorporate Xbox Live and the PC Internet onto the same server.

This has potential, but I see more problems then anything else.

I know that if you have a Xbox live subscription then you also have a windows live subscription so the two are connected.

yeah if you have ever played on xbox live on xbox or 360 its like a network that helps place you into online games. sort of like the gamespy network already in place for pc's. but you can do much more on the live network such as chat: text, audio, and video i believe now (i don't have a 360 so i dont know this for sure). there is probably a lot more to it or i might not be completely right since i don't own shadowrun nor a 360. but i think that is what windows live is going to be similar too, and also allow for cross console play for some games.

Yeah, there is supposed to be cross platform on PC and 360 like stated above, hopefully it catches on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom