Nvidia GeForce 9800 series specs released

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya that actually renews evga's setup program, keep buying, returning and repeat the cycle til 9 series comes out... jk

I wonder that that "free 4x aa" is about?

Again looking towards improvements on the image quality front, DirectX 10.1 will also see the introduction of full application control over anti-aliasing. This will allow applications to control the usage of both multi-sample and super-sample anti-aliasing, as well as giving them the ability to choose sample patterns to best suit the rendering scenario in a particular scene or title. Finally, these changes in DirectX 10.1 give the application control over the pixel coverage mask, a mask which is used to help to quickly approximate sampling for an area of pixels. This in particular should prove to be a boon when anti-aliasing particles, vegetation, scenes with motion blur and the like. All of this additional control handed to the application could allow for anti-aliasing to be used much more wisely and effectively, and controlled by game developers themselves, rather than the current 'all or nothing' implementation available, which basically amounts to a simple on-off switch.

To add further to the additional focus on anti-aliasing in DirectX 10.1, support for a minimum of four samples per pixel (in other words, 4x anti-aliasing) is now required (Although this doesn't necessarily mean that support for 2x anti-aliasing in hardware and drivers is a thing of the past).

Source

I wonder that that "free 4x aa" is about?
what about the human brain?

We didn't invent the human brain. That would be God...

I was refering to stupid things we think up and try to "add on" when in all reality we already have them seperately and of MUCH higher quality. Why do I need an alarm clock on my cell phone when I have... an alarm clock? In this case, i'd rather the 9800 series be focused entirely on the graphics. I already have an audigy 4.

And as for free 4x AA, hopefully it's free in the sense of "no AA" will gain no performance.

But this is all with DX10.1? So they're already changing things?

It's November now. Are they supposed to be here?
i never said it can't handle it. but i'd rather not use adapters IMO because you may need those connectors for something else. then you are left without connectors for the video card. so if you are going to do it, do it right the first time.
That's nothing a soldering iron can't fix.
We didn't invent the human brain. That would be God...
I'm an atheist.

these aren't coming... yet.. g92 was changed to the 8800gt.... the 9 series is delayed to sometime next year..

Nvidia's naming scheme makes me think that G90 is already completed, or nearly completed, just waiting for the right time to be released. The higher core names are usually revisions of the "parent" core (G70, G80, G90?) Chances are, they used advancements in the G90 to make the G92 8800GT perform as well as it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom