CRT's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Are all CRT's the same?? As in refresh rate, good for gaming, etc? All I remember about CRT's is the dot pitch... smaller the better. What is a good refresh rate for a CRT? And what is considered bad?

I have an extra CRT sitting at home, but I would like to take advantage of my DVI's on my x1950xt. So I'm not sure if I should buy a Samsung LCD right away. Seems like the LCD prices are dropping a bit...

Seriously don't go CRT, remember that a monitor is a LONG term investment unlike other computer hardware parts. Buy a nice 22 inch like me, I sure don't regret it not to mention wide screen gives u an advantage in many FPS games :)

Seriously don't go CRT, remember that a monitor is a LONG term investment unlike other computer hardware parts. Buy a nice 22 inch like me, I sure don't regret it not to mention wide screen gives u an advantage in many FPS games :)

If it's a like-new CRT it will last a long time. CRTs tend to last longer than LCDs assuming they were both made around the same time and aren't abused.

I'm not going to buy a CRT. I just have one laying around the house, just wanted to know what is a bad refresh rate for a CRT.

If it's a like-new CRT it will last a long time. CRTs tend to last longer than LCDs assuming they were both made around the same time and aren't abused.

you make it sound like the LCDs will only last 4 years, Ive seen them last 10+ years and honestly never seen one that died out, just got a lot of dead/stuck pixels

generally CRT's do have a longer lifespan than LCD's...ie..dead/stuck pixels...they are better for gaming since some do have higher refresh rates, not that we humans can notice...but im happy with my 60hz lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom