LCD or CRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummmmmm that equal 230....

Depends on how tall you are. My friend was like 6' when he was 14 and weighed about 200lbs and hes paralysed on his right side so his arm and leg was really skinny.

And I think I'm gonna go get my bathroom scale and weigh my monitor. Because I remember looking it up before and seeing 115lbs, but now I'm seeing 78lbs online.

i'm 5 foot 7, and 140 pounds? is that underweight, i have a friend whos around my height and age he's 5''6, 108.5 pounds , ironically his b'day is next monday... hes really skinny and sits on the PC more than i do and eats like a pig!!!!! i bet thats really underweight...

That sounds about right. I'm 5'7" with a medium build and if I wasn't fat I would weigh 145lbs. So seeing how your only 14 your probably right at the right weight.

another TF moment where we go weigh.. off topic (btw i spelled it like that on purpose :))

CRT's weight and size also makes it much more expensive to ship.

I made a new sig, only spent about 20 minutes. Built it from scratch, I know I'm a noob at making sigs, most of the time I just find a background and put text and a picture or two on it. Do you like?

The same thing that happened to CRT's is the same thing that happened to sound. Everyone has bought into the latest digital media without an understanding of the depth they are losing in quality. Any audiophile will tell you that sound quality has taken a giant leap backwards and the same is true for video. When you have digital technology taking the place of analog (real world) technology you lose out on depth of media. This is why MTV Unplugged did so well.

Digital sampling and other technologies are recreations of real world. No matter how good the technology, they are never true repersentations of the original.

I don't buy LCDs because I think they're more "true" or "real", but because they look better to me. My eyes don't hurt at ALL now...they always did with my CRT.

The same thing that happened to CRT's is the same thing that happened to sound. Everyone has bought into the latest digital media without an understanding of the depth they are losing in quality. Any audiophile will tell you that sound quality has taken a giant leap backwards and the same is true for video. When you have digital technology taking the place of analog (real world) technology you lose out on depth of media. This is why MTV Unplugged did so well.

Digital sampling and other technologies are recreations of real world. No matter how good the technology, they are never true repersentations of the original.

Very well said....I do believe eventually LCD quality will be as good, its not bad now....you just dont have the options that that crt gives you in gaming....being able to change that resolution for higher frames is IMO the thing that LCD cannot match right now...at least that is what is holding me back.

The small package is the lcd's geatest strength...I will admit the crt is heavy, especially a large one....however the 21" flatscreen crt is just awsome for gaming.

I have a huge desk that supports my big CRT just great.

I believe that crt are great and also I LOVE wired things....what could possibly be better technically...wires or wireless where your power is batteries.

Reasons why lcd is better than crt.
Widescreen...nuff said. I dont think i have ever seen a widescreen crt.
Weight...lugging around a 75+ pound monitor sucks.
Burn in...whoever said crt's dont burn in, has never worked where morons leave their monitor on with no screensaver at the log in screen. Lcd's on the other hand can actually be unburned if they get some burn in whereas a crt is just screwed.

They do make widescreen crt. I think they only make really big ones that cost a ton. Their for CAD and stuff like that.

Reasons why lcd is better than crt.
Widescreen...nuff said. I dont think i have ever seen a widescreen crt.
Weight...lugging around a 75+ pound monitor sucks.
Burn in...whoever said crt's dont burn in, has never worked where morons leave their monitor on with no screensaver at the log in screen. Lcd's on the other hand can actually be unburned if they get some burn in whereas a crt is just screwed.

First time I've ever heard of that. Never have I seen burn-in on a CRT, and I've accidentally left my computer on with the same desktop image sitting there (disabled screensaver and power management) for about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom