LCD or CRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw how do i make the techies bible and battle of the thermal pastes in my sig smaller?

Gimp, photoshop, paintshop, you can make one out of MS paint if you wanted, but the tools aren't there. I made mine in like 5 minutes, you can tell by how shi**y it is. I'll make a new one once I feel like taking the time to do so.

CRT

- Handles resolutions perfectly, capable of high resolutions and no warping
- Has the best range of colors, deeper blacks
- Has no ghosting and doesn't "burn in" images that stay on screen too long
- Most likely will have no dead or stuck pixels on the screen, but glass can scratch.
- Very common to buy used for low price, but uncommon to buy retail.

LCD

- Much smaller than CRT
- Uses a lot less power than CRTs
- Easier on the eyes for some people.
- Most look sleek, where as a lot of older CRTs look bulky and ugly (like mine)
- Risk of dead or stuck pixels, scratches are a worry too.
- High resale value compared to CRT, although there are hardcore CRT fans
- Running on non-native resolutions may "warp" the display image, because it uses physical pixels.
- More expensive than CRTs

I am currently using a 19" DELL CRT monitor with a max resolution of 1600x1200, has 2 small lines of dead pixels, but almost impossible to notice in gaming/movies, espeicially if running 1600x1200. Only cost me 5 bucks, can't complain.

I do plan on getting a LCD probably christmas, I want widescreen badly but the worry for game support bothers me. If only BF would support it natively...

I have a old Sony Trinatron flat CRT or something like that. Its 21" and looks great. I can set the resolution all the way up to 2560 and it looks great at any setting. Only downside is its huge and weighs around 115lbs! Weighs more than a 27" TV.

I am currently using a 19" DELL CRT monitor with a max resolution of 1600x1200, has 2 small lines of dead pixels, but almost impossible to notice in gaming/movies, espeicially if running 1600x1200. Only cost me 5 bucks, can't complain.

Thats actually the way they came for some reason. I believe you have the same kind of monitor I do, its just a rebadged sony.

I have a old Sony Trinatron flat CRT or something like that. Its 21" and looks great. I can set the resolution all the way up to 2560 and it looks great at any setting. Only downside is its huge and weighs around 115lbs! Weighs more than a 27" TV.

jeebus...115lbs?!...I have a 20" that's about 70lbs...but 115...wow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom