Anyone got a tuniq tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously, its not hard
Although it can be dangerous :D

1) squeeze tiny amount on cpu

2) put the heatsink on evenly

3) re-apply if nessessary

You can lap both the proc and the heatsink for improved contact and Temps..
People have been doing it alot as of late, least from what Ive seen...

I think the video is crap. If your worried about the concave surfaces, they really are, read up on "lapping". Tape can leave a residue and that wouldn't be nice and spreading it with anything other than direct force can lead to bubbles and poor distribution. The biggest thing about thermal paste is the amount you use, never less than a grain of rice, never more than pea. Also, you do not need to apply it to both heat sink and processor.

you really sound like you know what your talking about compared to other people. I was also thinking tape residue was one of the worst things that can happen and spreading the paste with a toothpick or credit card can leave air bubbles which is just as bad as it not spreading evenly. Too bad I can't just press the tuniq tower down on the processor like everyone has been saying since it has a CONCAVE surface people, it won't get spread evenly.

So lap it already... :p

with what? I'm not so sure about the whole finger in a plastic bag method either...heck I'm wondering if I should even pre-clean it with rubbing alcohol...might make things worse or something

with what? I'm not so sure about the whole finger in a plastic bag method either...heck I'm wondering if I should even pre-clean it with rubbing alcohol...might make things worse or something

lap means to sandpaper it shiny...

Starting with larger grit paper and working your way to smaller grit.. until you can see your reflection. It should be extremely smooth as well.

lap means to sandpaper it shiny...

althought some reviewers recommended that you "lap" the tuniq towers bottom, I myself really do not feel comfortable at all doing this and will probably mess it up some how. I'll just stick with it stock and just press down as hard as I can and twist a few degrees. I won't try to pre-spread the thermal paste

i got mine yesterday

one of the screws that holds it down wasn't tapped. so i gotta call them later and have them send me a new one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom