Will this build be fast enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
SHould run those games with ease. I'd switch out the E6600 and use either the E6750 or Q6600. Read up on some good threads on the processors in this forum.

For the OS, I'd go ahead and get on Vista since you have it or unless you have alot of programs which actually have the need for a 64 bit OS. There's also a good thread on 32 bit vs. 64 bit OS's somewhere.

Most people's best guess says Vista w/ directx10 and a q6600 will be good fo r Crysis and a few future games coming out. This is pretty much the standard build others, and soon to be myself, are going to do and it should keep you satisfied for quite some time on.

You can run both of your operating systems at once, its called dual booting. Its very easy just put each OS on a separate hard drive or make a partition to split the hard drive up. Once this is done the rest is done for you and everytime you start your computer it will ask which OS you want to start up.

im doing that now. Running xp pro on one and vista ultimate on the other.
It gets kinda complicated sometimes for me.
But im liking vista now so with my new build thats what im gonna be using.

cool build:

time to go over my list:

it looks perfect but u might wanna look into get a quad-core or a e6550 or e6750 and crucial ballistix ram

Unfortunately I bought my processor before the Intel price drops so I will be using the E6600 for now. My motherboard is quite upgradeable. I got my G.Skill ram when it was about $100 so I got a good deal considering how much they cost now. I do have another question though. How do I clean off the heatsink residue from my processor so I can apply some arctic silver and use my new heatsink.

Unfortunately I bought my processor before the Intel price drops so I will be using the E6600 for now. My motherboard is quite upgradeable. I got my G.Skill ram when it was about $100 so I got a good deal considering how much they cost now. I do have another question though. How do I clean off the heatsink residue from my processor so I can apply some arctic silver and use my new heatsink.

Isopropyl Alcohol, in other words, rubbing alcohol. A lot of sterilizing pads use it.

Isopropyl alcohol 90% or higher is recommended, but the more common 70% works too, that is what I've used. Also, it is recommended that you use a lint-free cloth to clean it. The most simple household item that will do the job is a coffee filter, works perfect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom