Can this PSU keep my rig running fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
at minimum you need to put a stock cooler on your cpu, especially with a quad core which runs quite a bit warmer than a duo. some cpu packages come with fans and some dont so check your box when you purchase. if it doesnt, invest in some type of decent cpu fan whether or not you overclock.

I thought they always had stock cpu coolers unless you buy OEM.. I'll make sure to look.. thanks.. What's a cheap good investment cpu cooler aftermarket that doesn't break the bank..?

If you're not overclocking, the stock cooler should be fine. If you are, and looking for one of the best, then the Tuniq 120, is only $41.99 at svc.com

Also, if you buy a Q6600 and it turns out to be B3 instead of G0 stepping, can you return it? I want G0 stepping just incase I plan to heavy overclock

What's the difference between Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

and this

Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

and which is better? I'm getting a 8800 GTS 320mb... what's the best bang for my buck on one? Suggested brand names (PNY, EVGA.. others).. a link provided would be fantastic, thanks

The more expensive one is overclocked. Just get the non-overclocked version, and overclock it yourself. EVGA is the top company for nvidia cards.

I need Artic Silver 5 thermal compound too? or is that not needed? Also, what's a good dvd/cd drive? anyone recommend one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom