Chosing the right laptop hardware combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCbmw97

Beta member
I am in the market for a new laptop, current laptop dell i6000. good laptop does the simple jobs but i need more. I cant play cs:s or use any other decent game. i have a tower for at home but when im up at college it would be nice to have a laptop that plays at least some of the games i like.

So the question is what is better for a decent gaming/all around laptop:
1. AMD and ATI
2. AMD and nVidia
3. Intel and ATI
4. Intel and nVidia

Plans are for 1.8GHz or more, 2GB of memory, 256GB of video memory or more, and decent harddrive. i just need to figure out what cpu/graphics card combo is would be the best.

I dont want to spend a whole lot of money just because i spend it mostly on other buys in the past couple of months and because this a school/work laptop.

Thanks in advanced.

I just ordered my Dell Inspiron 1520 last week. I got it with the Core 2 Duo T7100, Geforce 8600m GT 256mb, 2gigs, 160gig hard drive. I get some extras and the extended warranty package so it came out to $1600-ish. It's got good reviews and for what you get, it's an amazing price.

Currently Intel and Nvidia have the top performing products for Laptops.

And I recommend HP because it is better than Dell in my opinion...

I believe Intel and Nvidia have the best stuff available. HP is definitely better than Dell imo but not the greatest if you're looking for a gaming laptop. Asus and MSI notebooks are definitely the best for the money I'd say. Very high quality and they won't cost an arm and a leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom