Tomshardware price/performance review

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
I found this article to be pretty interesting. They take Dell's high end gaming quad core 8800GTX monter, and pair it up against a cutom built high end rig and a custom built low end rig.

They compare price and performance all across the board, and at the end they show the results, and how much more performance you get out of the high end ones over the low end one.

It's sort of funny. At the end, you end up paying over 500% more for the high end dell then the budget PC build, but you only get a 50% increase in performance after you do a bit of OC'ing on the low end one (they used an overclocked E4300)

Just thought I'd share this article, enjoy-

What's Faster Our Builds or Dell's H2C? | Tom's Hardware

Haha.

Except Dell monitors, I hear they're just dandy. So Dell monitors FTW.

Too bad Dell doesn't actually make the monitors, thank Samsung, LG, BenQ, etc because Dell just rebadges them. So Dell FTL! HAHA.

I liked Dell, until I got into building my own PC and realized how much they overcharge... I will never go back.... unless it's for a laptop.

delll ftl!!! except for monitors

odd they don't have dell montiors on newegg...

ya i knew that... just gotta love their look, pretty cheap sometimes, but high quality

its funny that dell's best products are made by 3rd party companies: laptops and monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom