LCD or CRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
u suppose it does not really matter too much as for gaming. crts are good because they are really cheap and support higher resolutions so in a way can bet better. while lcds use less space but cost more.

I prefer the way LCDs look and the seem easier on the eyes.

i used CRTs for a long time til I bought my 17" LCD...and I honestly am not sure if I COULD go back to a CRT...LCDs seem so much crisper...

I prefer the way LCDs look and the seem easier on the eyes.

i used CRTs for a long time til I bought my 17" LCD...and I honestly am not sure if I COULD go back to a CRT...LCDs seem so much crisper...

i would have to agree although ive never really seen a modern crt if there is any new ones. ive only used the old rounded screens not flat panel so im not too sure of the comparision

For Super fast paced games fps I like a CRT, they have higher refresh rates and less latency. But it doesn't out weigh the space issues for normal use. I think a good CRT will look better than a regular Flat for about 1/5 the price.

I've heard people say CRT's are better because of color depth and resolution. I personally can't vouch for either of those statements. I can't remember the last time I gamed with a CRT.

People seem to love Dell's widescreen LCD's though.

It really depends on what you pay for a LCD or CRT. If you're willing to pay the money, then go with a nice LCD, such as a Samsung.

I have a top of the line Trinitron CRT I bought couple years back. Very good quality and GREAT color. My new Dell LCD monitor can't duplicate the same color... it looks more DULL. The Trinitron's CRT color is vibrant compared to the Dell LCD. But the LCD is a little bit more crisp... like others have been saying.

But who uses CRT's these days? Just get a LCD with 2ms response time with good contrast. Plus, if you want to resell the monitor, you'll only get $20 MAXIMUM for your CRT... but you can maybe get a $100 for your LCD.

dells REBRANDED lcd's are good, most are made by Samsung from what i've read, but CRT's have way better refresh rates even better than 2ms, but only drwaback from using a crt is all the supposed radiation hitting your face. Also some say LCD's are better for your eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom