Why wide screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Are you using DVI-D or VGA (aka 15-pin D-Sub)?

Ensure that you've installed the driver for your monitor, which is available to download here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDown.do?group=&type=&subtype=&model_nm=941BW&language=&dType=D&mType=DR&vType=Lhttp://www.samsung.com/us/support/d...l_nm=941BW&language=&dType=D&mType=DR&vType=L

(Note, this is not a driver for your graphics card / onboard graphics. This monitor driver is provided on a CD which comes with the Samsung display, however the driver on the CD may not be the latest).

Afterward, check to see if you can set your resolution to 1440 x 900.

your new wide screen monitor probably has a resolution that is 16:9, or something similar. If you try to use an aspect ratio that does not match that of your monitor, things will not look correctly.

For example, if you have a picture that you took with your digital camera that is in a 4:3 aspect ratio, and your monitor does not nativley support a 4:3 aspect ratio, but you have your resolution set to somthing that is a 4:3 ratio (1024x768), the ratio of the image and desktop resolution match, so the image will fill the non 4:3 screen and be distorted because of it.

LCDs always look best at the native resolution, so make sure that you have the latest drivers for both your video card, and your monitor installed, and make sure that your video card can support that high of a resolution (older integrated cards cannot support resoltions like 1440x900)

Once your resolution is correct, videos and other things that are in 4:3 ratio, when fullscreened, should have black borders on the sides, and should not fill the screen.

I have the same issue on my 20" at work. My stupid intel integrated video doesnt support 1680x1050(native) resolution, so i have it set at 1600x1200 which is about as close as i can get it. There is still a bit of stretching but i prefer a little stretching to have the extra screen space. My 20" at home which has an actual video card displaying to it is set at 1680x1050 and its night and day difference from having a crappy 4x3 monitor. I dont understand why in this day and age, anything comes in 4x3 anymore.

pictures shouldn't look stretched, heres what a picture i took on my phone looks like on my Samsung wide screen monitor:

pic.jpg

oryt thats gd quality that i did have a motorola v3x but cant get it unlocked and i dont wanna pay for it lol its only a stupid code lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom