linksys wrt54gs router, cant get it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
ok first of all i no longer have the installation cd. second of all, when i connect my ethernet cable to the routers internet port it doesnt flash or anything, and it is useless, but when i connect one of the four ports beside it with ethernet cable to my laptop, it flashes up and the thing at bottom right goes except it ends up saying 'limited to no connnectivity'. this is no good.

how do i fix it? i want my router to work.

Are you using the correct type of cable? You might be using crossover cable which is wrong. More info on your laptop is needed.

first things first: what are your specs, and what kind of connection are you using?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a the router. I had so many problems with my wrt54gs it wasn't even funny.

type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser then you should be able to access the router's settings.

Download an Ip scanner and see if your router has an ip address. Then open internet explorer and type in that ip address. You should then be in a screen where you can check the settings.

I tried easylink connect program that i found on linksys website(which should have been WAY more clear) and it says 'easylink connect did not detect an active internet connection blah blah blah'.

typing 192.68.1.1 was one of the first things i did and it didn't work.

"easylink connect did not detect" - Google Search

ffs now i just tried the router and it is working with the wires but not wireless, nothing stil when i type in 192.168.1.1. stupid thing.

i tried 'advanced ip scanner' since u told me to use ip scanner. nothing comes up 'alive' except two ips related to my isp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom