Windows Media Player 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hello,

I am having a problem with Windows Media Player 11.

I currently am using WMP 10. When I run the .exe for the WMP 11 to install it, it looks like it is installing correctly, however when it reaches 100% and finishes, it states:

"Cannot complete Windows Media Player 11 Setup.

It was not possible to setup; Windows Media Playe 11 was not installed. Restart Windows and then run Windows Media Player Setup again."

When I click web help:

"You've encountered error message C00D2AFB while using Windows Media Player. Additional information is not currently available for this error."

For additional assistance:

" Original Error Code

Original Error Message

General access denied error".

I did try restarting and trying to do the setup again, however it did not work.

Also, I tried to uninstall this version I have (10), however when I search in Add/Remove programs, I can't find it (with show updates box ticked). I think this may be the problem. It seems WMP 10 isn't 'installed' on my computer, however it works fine, is in the start menu, I can watch videos online, etc. So I think I need to find a way of adding the program to the Add/Remove programs first? I can't seem to find an uninstall.exe file.

Appreciate any help,
Thanks

You are an Administrator correct? Usually the access denied message is for users not in the admin group. And for the record, I have WMP 11 and I don't like it very much. I prefer WMP 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom