Warcraft III TFT Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellonet

Beta member
Hi,
i don't know if this is the correct place to put this, but i don't see anywhere else(or maybe i'm not looking right..).
Anyway, ever since i reformatted my D: drive(and reinstalling windows XP on D:), my computer acted weird, first my computer kept restarting when i enter cmd, regedit or msconfig, this was because of a virus called "eksplorasi.exe", i got rid of it, but now when i play the game WARCRAFT III THE FROZEN THRONE, randomly when i'm in-game playing, and sometimes when i'm not in-game, WARCRAFT III suddenly freezes, and the only option i have is to restart my computer, this can happen, or my computer just restarts randomly.

THIS problem only occurs when i'm playing warcraft III.

here's my graphic card info:

Device:

Name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: RIVA TNT2 Model 64
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Drivers:

Main Driver: nv4.dll
Version: 5.01.2001.1240 (English)
Date: 8/18/2001 00:56:02
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI Version: 7

Hi,

Intel Pentium III Processor 864MHz with 384 MB RAM..
DX Version is 9.0c

it's 6 years old by the way..

ummm warcraft3 takes about 250mb of RAM to play dota. if your playing tower defence its like 700MB. and windows xp already takes about 200-300MB?

so your really reallly really pushing and stressing you computer there alot same goes with your video card. 32MB isnt enough.

since you said your computer is 6 years ago, have you ever cleaned your computer of dust? dust can cause heating problems thus crashing your computer. also, if you can, try to take your entire computer apart and rebuild it because when your computer heats up it expands and contracts when it cools down so your CPU, RAM, etc might have gotten loose.

its late and i wanna get to bed so i rushed what i typed, i hope you understand.

Hi,
though before i reformatted my computer, warcraft 3 doesn't restart my computer.
i might think about rebuilding my computer, and cleaning it up of course :)

thanks for your help!

I run windows on D as well, but I have not had this problem. I am having problems with GRAW though, but it only started with GRAW and was working fine for the year or so I ran windows on D before getting GRAW.

I also have Warcraft 3 TFT, and I have not had these issues while playing, but I also have 1GB ram, and 256 on the video. It sounds to me like its a heat problem. Since Warcraft 3 is using up alot of memory and most likely CPU speed, then it will over heat the processor, once it gets too hot it will just freeze up, may or may not restart your computer. I would suggest the cleaning out of your computer, (to clear out dust), and see if that helps. Its for the most part, a free check, and is always worth doing. (for the most part, meaning that if you pull the heatsink/cpu off to clean, then you will need thermal grease to put it back on...)

Hi,
though before i reformatted my computer, warcraft 3 doesn't restart my computer.
i might think about rebuilding my computer, and cleaning it up of course :)

thanks for your help!

check if you have installed all your drivers.

right click on my computer>properties>device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom