Got my 22 inch dell widescreen with no dead pixels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
yay no dead pixels ( ordered from costco so I was going to return it if I found any dead pixels as I'm extremely OCD about that )

At first I thought it was broken cause it did flicker when i switched the computer on but afterwards it didn't power on but apparently I had to jam up the power cord even further into the monitor and that worked.

I also love dells auto adjust feature ( automatically moves screen directly to the center of the screen ) and wonder if other widescreens have this.

Someone once said dead/stuck pixels are rare in modern day manufacturing techniques for lcds compared to 3-4 years ago, I wonder if this is true.

picked up my 22" Acer LCD a few months ago for 189.99 from best buy.
No dead pixels.

Shoulda bought two :(

in some reviews I said they gave dell monitors the best lcds award

I read somewhere that Dell just puts their label on the monitor when it is really made by other companies.

Pretty much like their old CRT's they used to sell. It was a Sony, but it always said DELL on it. Dell (Sony) Trinitrons... if anyone remembers that... I still have one. LOL.

Edit: Actually, just read that some of their LCD monitors are Samsungs... no wonder they are good.

Other vendors they use are BenQ, LG, NEC, Viewsonic, maybe more?

Hm... here is a quote from Dell:
"Quality
Dell-branded monitors are
designed to our exacting quality
standards and manufactured by
the world's foremost suppliers,
who must pass Dell's stringent
quality audit. All Dell monitors
meet or exceed relevant industry
standards."

of coarse dell would contract other companies lcd to rebrand them, im pretty sure they arent big enough or not yet set goals to venture into hardware manufacturing/development, and plus their moto is sell pc online minus the middle man.

btw i got the samsung 226bw, very happy with it, really should ignore the s,b,c manufacturer scare. i havent checked mine but ive seen none of the problems floating around. plus if you think you got ripped just complain to samsung and they will replace for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom