ya'll are probably gonna hate me for this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic~Fury

Baseband Member
I know this is posted all too much but I just finished building my first home custom PC and I have an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton with Arctic Silver 5 and the coolermaster Jet 7, yet my CPU, as long as the puter is on, continues to rise in temp, slowly, but surely. Its peaked at I think 133 degrees F, than I turned it off. How do I stop the temp from rising?

My theory is air flow. The power supply is right above the air intake of the cpu fan. Take a look at a pic of the Jet 7 and you might see what I mean. The air intake is pointing up, the front jet part, and right above it is the PSU, although I didn't think this would pose a problem coz I thought the Jet 7 was designed not only to take in more air, but take air in from the sides and even create its own air.

Another theory is...it took me hours to get the heatink mounted over the cpu to the mobo, and while doing this I think the as5 may have dried, and I know it started to chip away, I could start seeing the die/rectanglular thing again, does this mean I need to take it out and reapply the as5?

Maybe I should use the AMD manufacturer's fan since my jet 7 may potentially be getting no airflow?

na u shoulden't.. any aftermarket fan is better the manufactur fan. AMD's have a very very high temp. But.. 133 is way too high. Are u sure ur fan is mounted right? u sure is for a AMD and not a intel p4? Cause if the fan is not mounted right meaning.. if its like not totally on the CPU, then it will not provide the proper cooling.

1900rpm to 3500rpm
Also, the Jet 7 was made for AMD Athlon XP 3200+ and higher, although I have a 2600+ Barton, figuring that it would cool my cpu down dan well...am I wrong?

yea i think it would.. AMD's do run very very hot. maybe you should go and get a better fan? do u have it on 3500RPM when it shuts down? But maybe you should get a CPU Fan that is just a regular fan not any special thing..

AMD's do not run very very hot. Mine runs 35C idle 45C load with STOCK COOLING.

Thats just as good if not better than some of the Pentiums i have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom