How to run 2 OS on one pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I currently have to hard drives. One is a 200GB XP PRO,
the other is just an empty 40gb.

My buddy gave me his vista cd to try out.
I was wondering if their is a way to have vista on the 40 and stil have my xp pro on the other 200gb. Running on the same pc.

I do know that if i boot, ill have to choose vista or xp...but the other question i have is what to i set the jumper to?

1-slave
2-master with slave present
3- single or master or just on the last one, where it can be used as an additional hd.

I was also wondering if i would have any problems with any programs? if anything would conflict.
Since it will be a clean install, im wondering how it would work?
Im only doing this to find out if its time to upgrade to vista, or stick with xp.
Thanks

hey why dont you try vitural pc, you can get off microsoft website, you install on windows xp and its a program that you can install os on about 8 vitural pc but i have done it running windows xp and running vista on my vitural 1 its so easy to do. i like vista and have made my desicion of installing it prob. the program says it doesnt work with xp home edition, but thats what im running and it runs fine.

i got confused with virtual pc. SO i just went ahead and tried vista ultimate.
ITS AMAZIING. But it takes a while to boot up on my pc...maybe its because im running in on a 40 gb hard drive. a really old one(5years old)

But i was not dissappointed at all. i tried playing games and that sound problem i mentioned earlier was gone.
I love the new dream scene wallpapers...only on ultimate edition. and the thing that you can flip screens. I want to find out more cool features so ill keep checking.

yeh i would get it if i were you.
It has something called dreame scene wallpapers...AMAZING.
I know its just flashy and all that, but i like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom