Quick Voltage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
nick -10 lol. timings do come into play later in the overclock, but to "lower the speed" of your ram you need to set a divider on your ram. i have no idea what your bios looks like, and i have no idea what kind of system you have. if you post that information, we can help better.
if you have an amd system, you will just set the ram down in speed. ie if you have ddr2 800 ram, you will want to set it to ddr2 667 or 533. it keeps you from overclocking your ram too much.
if you have an intel, you have to set a ratio, probably 2:3 or 1:1 once you get a higher overclock. how do you do that with an intel? i have no idea. i dont have an intel. probably in the bios lol.

Well, I just upped the voltage to the next higher notch, which was 1.358 or something close to that and increased the FSB to 335, so I'll stress it tonight.

Here's another pic with most of the RAM settings:http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/Metal0wns/CIMG0034.jpg

nagasama, that divider you mentioned, I believe that would be the System Memory Multiplier (SPD), right? Which as you can see in that picture is set to 2, which is the 1:1 for FSB : DRAM

yeah you got it man. notice how the ram speed is 650 and your cpu clock is 325. which means that yes, it is running at 1:1 ratio.
thanks for the pic, learned a little about intel bios.

thanks for the pic, learned a little about intel bios.

No problem.

It failed orthos at that voltage, so I'll probably increase it another notch or too, because it doesn't go up very much, then stress it again.

Also, whenever I restart my computer, it'll go to the first screen, which just says the processor speed, that the RAM is in dual channel, but then it'll turn off, and then turn back on, and it always resets the BIOS to stock, which is really annoying. Anyone know why it does that?

Make sure you're overclocking right, read this guide.

And if you don't understand it, ask what you don't understand on the forums and this should go smooth for you like it did me. I overclocked my A64 3200+ to 2478 on stock cooling, I couldn't go further because I don't have great cooling and my vdimm wouldn't go past 3.2v on my motherboard.

This is a great guide and it helped, but what helped the most was a guy on overclock.net. Gave me alot of help even though I was slow to learn and had many questions. I'm sure you can find people as helpful here too.

Make sure you understand all this and it will help VERY MUCH!

-Jd

Edit: Metal does own. Rock on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom