AMD delivers a codename blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know, its more wise to save money, n ill do that instead, sry if i sound like a dork.

back on topic, what do u think of the AMD codename lineup?

lol sorry man i wasnt really trying to offend you and i apologize.
on topic, i think that amd is going to surprise a lot of people.

lol sorry man i wasnt really trying to offend you and i apologize.
on topic, i think that amd is going to surprise a lot of people.

they better get back on the top..... otherwise its Rockefeller all over again... (why do i keep making that reference??)

Now I am even more confused about all of these core names. It was ahrd enough with the Intel ones, Penryn, Wolfdale, now we have even more form AMD. My head is spinning.

hmm makes since for me to get Vista Ultimate 32-bit because 1) i always wanted to get it n 2) its like $50 or $60 more then XP Professional 32-bit, so y not just go to Vista?
because XP is faster, has less bugs, is compatible with more programs, uses less memory, less hard drive space, and isn't as annoying to work with.

because XP is faster, has less bugs, is compatible with more programs, uses less memory, less hard drive space, and isn't as annoying to work with.

well i want to be ready for DX10 gaming mostly, n Vista is the way to go. Upgrading my hardware should help.

off topic but need help:

However, my close friend Difolo on the techforums, who lives near me, just upgraded to Vista Ultimate. I asked him if it was going faster or slower in performance n he said slower.

I emailed him the latest Forceware for his 7900 GTX, an AMD dual-core optimizer for his 2x 4800+ CPU, n i have yet to look at his computer up close. He has Kingston 4x512mb DDR 400 n he wants to go to 3GB but i recommend he doesnt.

as for Vista Ultimate updates, where i can i get the latest update?

well i want to be ready for DX10 gaming mostly, n Vista is the way to go. Upgrading my hardware should help.

off topic but need help:

However, my close friend Difolo on the techforums, who lives near me, just upgraded to Vista Ultimate. I asked him if it was going faster or slower in performance n he said slower.

I emailed him the latest Forceware for his 7900 GTX, an AMD dual-core optimizer for his 2x 4800+ CPU, n i have yet to look at his computer up close. He has Kingston 4x512mb DDR 400 n he wants to go to 3GB but i recommend he doesnt.

as for Vista Ultimate updates, where i can i get the latest update?

windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

as for stuff, he could start disabling stuff like superfetch so it consumes less CPU, disable Aero, but u lose the prettyness and u get a crap theme, also disable user account control, the built in microsoft protection and get third party stuff

as for stuff, he could start disabling stuff like superfetch so it consumes less CPU, disable Aero, but u lose the prettyness and u get a crap theme, also disable user account control, the built in microsoft protection and get third party stuff

Well actually you have 4 themes to chose from
1) Aero w/ transparency
2) Aero w/o glass
3) Crappy Theme
4) Classic

Automatically some of the vista versions use the 3rd theme for some reason, when you could just switch it to the aero theme (with no glass)

Many people don't know about the 2 versions of aero, it looks exactly the same, it just isn't transparent

Also, when you start up a game it turns off aero so it doesnt effect your performance... so turning off aero wont change your fps in-game. But switching to XP will :)

ok cool, thx for helping, really appreciate it, ill check it out when i go to my friends house today :D

Well actually you have 4 themes to chose from
1) Aero w/ transparency
2) Aero w/o glass
3) Crappy Theme
4) Classic

Automatically some of the vista versions use the 3rd theme for some reason, when you could just switch it to the aero theme (with no glass)

Many people don't know about the 2 versions of aero, it looks exactly the same, it just isn't transparent

Also, when you start up a game it turns off aero so it doesnt effect your performance... so turning off aero wont change your fps in-game. But switching to XP will :)

so which one do u recommend my friend use for gaming? Aero w/o glass?

You know it wont make a huge impact on which theme you chose... just whatever he feels comfortable with.

Heres a test to see whether or not its worth it.

Make a second user account and dont change a thing on it, then run msconfig.exe (start>run>msconfig). A window should pop-up, just select diagnostic startup and then your done. Next time you restart and go on that account try to see if you notice any change in performance. Im not sure if aero will be turned off by default but if it isnt you can do that also.

Basically what this does is make only the processes that windows needs to run to startup, more like setting the startup to its default settings. Not sure if I explained that well, but ahh well.

This also works with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom