question

Status
Not open for further replies.
no ROM stands for "Read-Only Memory"
you want a DVD-RW drive as in "Re-Writable"

so if its just a DVD-ROM then it wont burn just read

That's what I meant....In his particular model, those two entries stating ROM are for the read ability, which is what he was asking about specifically. I realize now my response was poorly worded, but I was answering his question about that model being able to play CD/DVD.

Lol no idea i thought that only certain speakers worked w/ onboard sound bu thanks. Next question: on the back of the stacker 832, i believe there are 7 expansion slots. Are those for like pci cards that you can install and the ports come in the back?

HEHE...No offense, but I think you need to start out reading some articles on the net or buying a book on computer nomeclature and hardware fundamentals.

If you are asking basic questions like this I don't think you are ready for this particular forum yet.

Pasian, thanks for your opinion.
PS: um no where did i read that you needed sufficient knowledge of pc parts do go on this forum.

There is indeed no minimum set of requirements. However, you can not expect people to teach you the basics of a computer, especially in this particular forum which is geared towards building high end systems and giving specific performance and component recommendations.

If you really don't know what the 7 expansion slots are for, or if speakers will even work with your computer, you really should consider starting somewhere else.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to encourage you to go somewhere better suited for your fundamental questions.

Here is some recommended reading: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikibooks/en/7/7b/How_To_Build_A_Computer.pdf

I really don't know why I shouldn't be able to ask a question, even if it's basic. I put the questions in this forum because they related to high performance parts. I knew that one expansion slot was for the video card, but i wanted to know what else used it/what you would recommend for a pci card. I know my question was poorly worded, as i was having a hard time saying it to myself fluently.
PS: not everyone starts out smart, and i thought this was the place to start knowing stuff. I know that if it's really basic for you guys, I'd be glad to leave this forum and go somewhere else.

There is indeed no minimum set of requirements. However, you can not expect people to teach you the basics of a computer, especially in this particular forum which is geared towards building high end systems and giving specific performance and component recommendations.

If you really don't know what the 7 expansion slots are for, or if speakers will even work with your computer, you really should consider starting somewhere else.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to encourage you to go somewhere better suited for your fundamental questions.

Here is some recommended reading: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikibooks/en/7/7b/How_To_Build_A_Computer.pdf

correct, u need to read that, cuz u might not me able to install anything, gotta know the basics to do the advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom