Safe temps thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I guess this is a thread to talk about typical practical operating temperatures, from my experience/reading, this is what I conclude:

For High end GPUs ( 8 series ):
typically a 40-50 celcius idle with a load of 60-70 celcius with the 8800 GTXs and Ultras getting as hot as 80-90+ celcius

For C2D CPU chips ( air cooling only considered )- dual core
typically a idle of 20-30 celcius with a load of 40-60 celcius?
for quad core an idle of 20-30 celcius with a load of 40-65 celcius?

For Mobo temps
An idle of 30-40 celcius with a load of 50-60?

Can anyone confirm my temp listings? I'm really not sure about CPU and Mobo temps and are going off benchmark testing

For the quad core idle temps, atleast for me, that is a little low. I have mine on a custom water cooling setup and I keep mine at 30 idle and load maybe 40 unless its really hot in my room. Thats just me though, and when I had my quad on air, I could barely keep it idle at 40. Every chip is different though.

on air, 40c idle at 3.3!? mines at 3.7 and the most i idle at is around 30. maybe i just got a good chip or something o_O

on air, 40c idle at 3.3!? mines at 3.7 and the most i idle at is around 30. maybe i just got a good chip or something o_O

wow those are nice temps. what do you have your fsb, multiplier, and vcore at? and what mobo do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom