Performance problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake91839

In Runtime
Hi, with my system posted in my sig, I am having trouble getting WoW to run as well as I want it to. Now, I'm not sure if I have my expectation set too high for the equipment I have, but I'm just going to see if it's possible to get what I wan't.

Right now, I've got all settings maxed except for the color multisampling, and running on 1680x1050 resolution. Inside I get the FPS that I want, and that's between 50-60, but outside, It's all over the spectrum. Sometimes It can be 40-50, and in woods or heavily populated areas, it will run about 25. My average FPS on these settings is probably 30.

Is it possible for me to get the 50-60 FPS that I get inside but everywhere? or can my rig not quite handle what I'm throwing at it.

Thanks for any help :)

i'm not seeing your system specs in your sig. maybe you should list what they are and we can help you more out. also try playing it at a lower resolution that might help out a bit. Also just play around with the setting or set them all on medium and see how it goes from there and then increase what you think needs to be done and everything.

I think your main problem is that you are trying to play in widescreen with a card that is designed for lower resolutions, try lowering it and see if that helps.

well i do have the same card as you do and i herd that to play in big resolutions you need a card with 512mb and 7900gs is 256.
So do asw raknor mentioned, lower your resolution.
Im not sure if this helps, but my 3dmark06 score is around 5125

yep, resolution is too high. i see your card is already overclcoked...so probably the only things you can do are:
turn down the detail, get another 7900gs, or lower your res.

whats a good program to keep testing your oc for gfx cards?
i tried rivatuner, but no matter how high i set the clock it never fails.

Don't worry too much about getting lower FPS in WoW in the woods and what not. Seriously, lol, they got some lame programming for some of those areas.

I got an 8800GTX, and in duskwood when looking far ahead in the woods i get like 30 or 40 frames a second... lol. Same thing with my other mate who recently bought 2 8800 Ultras and is SLI ing them. More to the point, why the **** would you have 2 ultras and play WoW? Why would I have a GTX and play WoW! WHY DO I PLAY WOW. More to the point, don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom