Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATI radeon 9600XT 128mb

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Crunk

In Runtime
Personally mine is simulation. I love Gran Turismo and cant wait to buy Gran Turismo part 4!

I have to agree with you there 2crunk, simulation games are very good, particularly racing.

I used to love playing the origional Gran Turismo on my PS1. The best part was being able to mod your car, I had a Mitsubishi twin turbo 930bhp with Racing modification, which was particularly nice aswell as a Nissan Skyline although I can't remember what bhp that was.

2Crunk what was your best car in the GT games?

Retro

In the first version i loved the Mitsubishi 3000GT AKA Mits. GTO. I dont recall how many HP it had but it was the first car i bought on the whole game and ended up being my favorite. On gran Turismo A-Spec my favorite is the Mustang Cobra, i haven't played it in a while so i cant remember how many HP it had, but i do remember it can go over 230 mph!!!

Nice,

I remember modding a used Mitsubishi cyborg, which was one of the slowest cars in the game, and I decided to see how fast I could get it with Turbo, Racing Modification etc. It was quite a nice car once it was finished all be it not the fastest. It could comfortably win the Sunday league put it that way!

Still I never saw the point in wasting your credits on getting your car washed in GT1. It never looked any different on the track and performance differences were negligible if at all present.

Yeh, sniping is fun. It's just the whole element of surprise which makes it so fun. It's usually one of my favourite weapons in a shooter particularly in multiplayer where I just sneak off into a hiding place and snipe away!

2Crunk said:
In the first version i loved the Mitsubishi 3000GT AKA Mits. GTO. I dont recall how many HP it had but it was the first car i bought on the whole game and ended up being my favorite. On gran Turismo A-Spec my favorite is the Mustang Cobra, i haven't played it in a while so i cant remember how many HP it had, but i do remember it can go over 230 mph!!!

GTO has a max of 930BHP, but I somehow got it up to 944BHP, the Skyline has 937BHP maxed out, and the Supra has 883BHP maxed out.

Personally mine is simulation. I love Gran Turismo and cant wait to buy Gran Turismo part 4!

Speaking of which, does anyone know a release date? Last i heard Sony was holding out on the US while Japan and Europe had all the fun!!!

Simulation is such a vague term for a game genre. It can be applied to anything - Tekken could be a fighting simulation. Fifa 2004 could be called a soccer simulation.

The general meaning of simulation in computer games is for games that emulate a system but cannot be defined under conventional gaming genres - ie racing. They tend to include genre types like "god games" or "management games".

Gran Tourismo is predominantly a racing game, but involves realistic customizations and driving schools and all that, so can probably fall under the management genre, I suppose.

Games such as Themepark, Simcity, Simant, Railroad Tycoon are "Simulation" games, in the videogames meaning of the word.

Anyway I voted for simulations because I'm a fan of the 4 games above

Gran Tourismo is predominantly a racing game, but involves realistic customizations and driving schools and all that, so can probably fall under the management genre, I suppose.

MANAGEMENT!!! WTF, how many video game stores have you gone to that actually had a section named "MANAGEMENT"!!! Also, before you TRY to pick apart my thread learn how to spell Turismo
Gran Tourismo
Its not "Tour"ismo, we aren't going sightseeing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom