New Motherboard, RAM and Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
Hey guys, time has come for me to upgrade to an e6750 which means new motherboard and new RAM.

Now, I'm pretty sure I need a motherboard that has an FSB of 1333MHz (correct me if I'm wrong). I was originally planning to get the P35-DS3R but seeing as that doesn't support 1333MHz (again, correct me if I'm wrong) I need to set my sights elsewhere.

What is another good overclocking motherboard that supports SATA1 AND SATA2 and has an FSB of 1333 MHz?

I have a 7900 GTX so some space around the PCI area would be good and better if it had two PCI-e's (I'll go SLI soon)

Thanks!

Sorry I accidently posted this in overclocking, can I delete that thread somehow?

Hmm, would either of those motherboards support a Q6600 seeing as that is where gaming is going these days. (Quad Core) Seeing as it is so cheap I might just buy that instead.

Haha, well I can find an 8800 GTX for about 250 australian bucks so I might just upgrade to that about a month after buying all this stuff :D

Haha I don't have the money to buy a motherboard, processor, RAM AND a new graphics card. At any rate would 8800 GTS be that much better than 2 x 7900 GTX?

Does slaughter apply to graphic cards

my 7900gs' in sli score higher in 3dm06 than many systems with 8800gts cards. not 768's (unless someone is doing something wrong lol), and not a whole lot of 640's. but higher than a lot of 320's.
7900GTX in sli is certainly nothing to scoff at...
so, actually i dont think it wouldnt be that much better, if at all. but there is dx10 to consider, i guess. definitely not the lower 8800gts cards (320 and 640). the 640 MIGHT give a run. dude if you can get a 7900gtx cheaply, then two of those cards will be pretty friggin sweet.
if you're going to have to pay 500 bucks (i dont know how much that is in australia heh) for another 7900gtx, then you might as well get the 8800gts 768. 'cos it will certainly be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom