A real nightmare, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballphreak

Solid State Member
Tonight I attempted to create a new partition for Windows Vista Ultimate on my hard drive using Partition Magic. I got error code 1517, and now every time my XP tries to start I get the BSOD and it restarts. That's not my main problem. This CAN be fixed, I have the discs to repair the installation. My problem is, my comptuer WILL NOT boot from a CD. I've tried making the CD-ROM the first boot device, I've also tried completely disabling everything except the CD-ROM alltogether. When I do that, I just get "Hard disk boot failure, please insert system disk and press enter".

How in the **** can I get my PC to boot from a CD? PLEASE HELP ME!

I'm desperate.

thanks

Make sure the disc you are using is bootable? If you are using a disc created with PArtition MAgic did you make sure to check the box that said "Make disc bootable"?

What happened was I used Partition magic to resize the Local C: partition, and make another V: partition for vista. I burned the Vista Disc with Nero using the DVD (boot) option under Nero burning ROM. But I also snagged my friend's "Windows XP reinstallation CD", and that won't boot either. Pleeeasee help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom