Q6600 or E6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
G0 Q6600's will still get to like 3.5+ with a good cooler.. E6850's might get to 3.8-4.0 or so but it really isn't that big of a difference when you'd have to give up two extra cores to get it.. Getting the E6850 is pretty stupid right now imo..

People have gotten their Q6600 to 3.6 on air. Those people are all saying that they need liquid cooling to go beyond that. The g0 stepping versions will draw less wattage so they will run a little cooler than the original versions, which means 4.0 isnt out of the realm of possibility with a good air cooling solution.

Couple that with the fact that Vista will take advantage of the extra cores right out of the box and all new games will be built to utilize the extra cores. Anandtech just had an article saying that near future games will be looking for the quad cores to do advanced physics etc. as well. These are things people with single cores wont even see.

AnandTech: Where's The Physics: The State of Hardware Accelerated Physics

X-bit labs - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850: Four Cores at Three Gigahertz (page 13)

It's my fantasy world and I choose to live their :freak:

It's my fantasy world and I choose to live there.

Anyway....I wonder what I can get with my upcoming Q6600 (G0), along with a DS3R, and a TR Ultra-120 Extreme...in an AC cooled room.

yes, yes. I know I spelled it wrong. When I'm doing multiple things and typing fast I do tend to have typos. I thought this was a tech forum, not a spelling and grammar school.

It's my fantasy world and I choose to live there.

Anyway....I wonder what I can get with my upcoming Q6600 (G0), along with a DS3R, and a TR Ultra-120 Extreme...in an AC cooled room.

wow we got similar systems except for your lack of a tuniq tower 120. You always recommend the TT120 how come you didn't go with it?

wow we got similar systems except for your lack of a tuniq tower 120. You always recommend the TT120 how come you didn't go with it?

...because I know that people would go with that, instead of the more expensive, TR Ultra-120 Extreme. I just wanted to try the extreme, for a little variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom