graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xargon

Beta member
I've got a P4n-e sli board with a geforce 8800
and i have an extra ati 9200 pci that i want to connect to this board so i can use my tv as a second monitor. (this is the only card i have with component out and my tv only has component)

cept that every time i install the ati card it starts from ati card and i can't use my 8800

so im thinking that making the comp start the sli slot before the pci slot would fix this problem.

right now, i think atleast, how it works is that the comp starts on the pci card and when windows has finished loading the other card is loaded but in this case doesn't load.
maybe if it was backwards this would not be a problem?

or maybe this isn't the problem at all and it has something to do with driver mix ups and the problem is with windows and how it works these things.

the other thing is that, when i start the comp with the ati card uninstalled and install catalyst 6.5 drivers from the cd and restart when prompted by the installer it it works. but after i restart again it stops and goes to the only pci slot working mode.

any one have any ideas?
sorry for my poor english, im still learning it =/

Is the ATI 9200 SE compatible with SLI? Cause I've been Googling and all the sites that talk about the ATI 9200 SE doesn't seem to support SLI. Well if you're planning to run dual screens, I think the 8800GTS/GTX (which ever model you have) comes with 2 DVI ports, and it should come with 2 DVI to D-Sub adapters.

As you stated above, you wanted to run 2 VGA. One for your computer monitor and one for your TV. If you want to do that, then you need the SLI. Because running 2 cards on one motherboard wouldn't work unless it's like PCI-e + PCI-e and SLI.

can't i run one pci-e and one pci? i mean, i used to be able to do something similar on my old agp board, 1 agp card and 1 pci card
also does it HAVE to be sli, can i run one really nice card and one really cheap card?

I don't know but then from what I've experienced, it shouldn't work since you're trying to run a ATI card w/ a nVidia card. What's the model of your motherboard and company manufacturer?

Asus P5n-e SLI, nforce 650i
I my old intel 850e was able to do this though, with ati and nvidia.
someont told me that making the bios load hte pci-e first will do the job, but i have no clue how to do that. i've looked through the bios and can't find the option to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom