Q6600 or E6850

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCobra

Solid State Member
Im stuck between these two processors.

Here are the specs...

Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 - Quad Core Technology, 2.40GHz clock speed, 8MB L2 Cache

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 - Dual Core Technology, 3.00GHz clock speed, 4MB L2 Cache

Which one would you guys recommend for playing some of the new DX10 games coming out? (Crysis, Unreal 3, etc.)

E6600.

Mainly because, you get a quad core CPU for around $300 wherever you go.

You need Vista to hae DX10, Vista is a system resource monster and has stuff running in the background. Also, with games becoming multi-threaded (using two cores), you'll have two cores working with the game, and the other two for background stuff you have running.

E6600.

You need Vista to hae DX10, Vista is a system resource monster and has stuff running in the background. Also, with games becoming multi-threaded (using two cores), you'll have two cores working with the game, and the other two for background stuff you have running.

not quite, ppl are warez'ing dx 10 to work with XP so far i don't no if its successful, but its looking bright

E6600.

Typo?

...but yes...I agree with the others. The Q6600 is the way to go, with more software, supporting more cores. It's a waste buying the E6850, when around the same price, you get two more cores, and another 4mb cache.

If you wanted dual core, than the e6750 would be the way to go.

my athlon 3800+ is fine for vista and games but yeah go with the quad, wont make you thnk **** why did i buy a crummy dual core when i could have got a qaud" errr yeah kinda............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom