MyBook Pro 500GB firewire problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehana

Solid State Member
I'm having difficulties with my MyBook Pro 500GB...

PC1 [retail]
PC2 [built] got this installed Newegg.com - Koutech 3+1 Port FireWire/1394b & 1394a PCI Host Controller Model 1314 - Retail

it worked fine on PC1, but on PC2 doesn't want to read and install proper drivers/button manager using Firewire A or B, but it's fine when using USB on mobo, but i really want to try out how fast this FireWire B is! i've used my install disc, no luck. used downloads from WD website, no luck. any advice?

did i need to hook up the 4-pin? the manual didn't say anything about hooking it up, so i didn't... Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

ok so i plugged it in, but still doesn't want to install properly... any other thoughts?

did you try the firewire B port thing in the other computer? Like take it out put it in the other pc and see if it works there.

actually PC1 doesn't have FW-b but it has FW-a, but then on PC2 FW-a didn't work either on the PCI card or the MoBo. but my other FW-a hard drive works on both FW-a ports on PC2...

[ha ha did u understand that?]

ok, so the drive works on fw-a on pc1 and it doesn't work on pc2. but your other fw-a drive works on pc2's fw-a.

try the cable that worked from drive a and use it on drive b (the new one.)

ok tried what u have suggested and it still won't work.

here is the window that shows up no matter how i attempt to install it.
my.php

ImageShack - Hosting :: wdinstallproblem001bo1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom