Drive Monitoring not working properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion Media Center a1515in Desktop PC.
A few days ago, as my DVD writer was not working properly, i had made a complaint and a Hp technician replaced my DVD writer with a new one as it was under warranty. The hp technician while checking had uninstalled and again reinstalled the dvd drivers and also did deleted some strings in regedit...something like upper and lower filter! After replacing the DVD writer and saving the settings, the next day i opened up my 'event viewer' and then i saw these error logs-
Event Viewer
Application
Source- SysmonLog Event id- 2028
Description-
The Service was unable to add the counter '\PhysicalDisk[_total]\Avg. Disk Queue Length' to the System Overview log or alert. This log or alert will continue, but data for that counter will not be collected. The error returned is: The specified object is not found on the system.

Source- PerfDisk Event id- 2001
Description-
Unable to read the disk performance information from the system. Disk performance counters must be enabled for atleast one physical disk or logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0

Then i even checked in-

Administrative Tools
Performance
Console Root
System Monitor

Under troubleshooting section-

Objects, counters, or instances are missing or invalid.

Cause: Test routines that run when you start Performance have detected a problem with installed counters and have disabled the counters to prevent the counters from slowing the system. Disabled objects and counters do not appear in the Add Counters dialog box.

Solution #1: You can enable the disabled counters. Using Registry Editor, change the value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Service_name\Perfor
mance\Disable Performance Counters from 1 for disable to 0 for enable. Note that counters that have been disabled after initial testing are likely to contain errors and may cause system problems. For information about debugging problems with counter DLLs, see the Microsoft Web site ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/).

Memory\Pages/sec, PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg. Disk Queue Length, and Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time.

Out of the three above, this-'PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg. Disk Queue Length' was missing!

Then when i closed, i got this message-
Atleast one data sample is missing. Data collection is taking longer than expected. You might avoid this message by increasing the sample interval.

Then in the properties section-
General
Sample automatically every --- seconds!

Console Root
Performance Logs and Alerts
Counter Logs
System Overview
Properties
General
Default run
If changes are made then, Modifications are not allowed for default logs and alerts. You can start or stop the session from the context menu!
Current Log file Saved under-
C:\PerfLogs\System_Overview.blg

What should i do to make my pc again run as normal again?, should i use system restore? will that help?, or should i make a newer other than default? Is this possible?

Also there is this icon for system overview to start or stop, as it turns its color from red to green! But still the problem remains!
Please reply,

Thankfully yours'
phantom

Okay before you checked the even viewer what was wrong with the PC? The burner just not working? Going slow what?

The event viewer shows a lot of info but not much that pertains to your DVD. At least from what i can see. **** even my event viewer shows a bunch of errors. Yet my system runs fine.

So in reality your event viewer will alwasy show something. As something is always wrong.:D So to fix your PC we need to know what is wrong with it.

Like i said, the monitoring feature of my drive performance is not working properly. What should i do to correct it?

------------
phantom

Repair install? I dont know what you are trying to accomplish. The Windows Error reporting? the Drive reporting is a non-essential part of the OS.

The real question is why did you go into the Event Viewer? The Event viewer shows all sorts of info. Everytime you go to a web site and get a error it shows. The Event Viewer shows data that isnt essential for everyday use.

Hi,
I think many of you might had even understood my question.
The thing is likely many a time i am being ignored.
I might think of tuning my pc myself by reading the Help& support section. But not everytime i am able to solve correctly. The language is brainy and the given suggestions are way too many. Not for any ordinary person to apply their grey cells. So i am asking on this forums, as everyone over here has a pc. And everyone here is a techie!

---------------
phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom