Comp won't shut off - weird clicking sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think its an HD problem because when an HD starts to fail, its instant. gone, kapput, dead. it just sounds to me like a funky sound card, and the drivers are screwing with the operating system, though i still fail to see how having speakers plugged into an audio jack is directly linked the computer being on or not.

Not entirely true. I once had hd issue in which it would not let me install xp and it would take long to start. I bought a new hd and problem went away.
Don't rule out the hd

If it is the hd though, how do I get the data back? Do I have to take it to the store? How much would that cost?

Windows won't load at all now =(
I just purchased a new PC & ext. drive to put together but I still need the old data.

Well I already bought a new PC - now I just need to get my data. How would I go about doing that?

well if the computer don't boot up then you cant get the data off it, however since you are willing to try new things do this. you see the battery on the motherboard? looks like a oversized watch battery. pop that out for like 30secs (while the power cord is not pluged in) then pop the battery back in and then plug the computer in hit the power button (if you have to) and see what happens.

Also do this: once you start the computer up or turn it on keep hitting F8 it will bring up a menu to start windows normally or start windows in safe mode and other things. You want to start it in safe mod. Then from there run any anti-virus software or highjackthis. you might beable to transfer your data while you in this however i am not to sure since i have never tried to transfer data while in the safe mode.

If that still don't work i am sure i can come up with somehting else to have you try :D

If you have aim contact me: ilovenichole269 and we can work it step by step theres also some bat files which you might need to load since some virus's target it and destroy it and there needed for windows bootup.

edit: your guys problems were most likly jsut bad sectors within the HD's. this is most likly damage by a virus.

edit:
I also forgot to add this... To those other users you probably had bad sectors on your HD therfor you had problems with it.

i dont think its an HD problem because when an HD starts to fail, its instant. gone, kapput, dead. it just sounds to me like a funky sound card, and the drivers are screwing with the operating system, though i still fail to see how having speakers plugged into an audio jack is directly linked the computer being on or not.

I had a HDD that had a looong slow death.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom