Booting problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otacon

Solid State Member
Hey I just got all my new parts to my gaming pc yesterday and I finished putting it together this morning. Here are the specs to give you a rundown.

8800GTX
E6850
Asus P5K Intel P35 mobo
Antec 900
PCI Wireless adapter
2GB GSkill HZ's
Tuniq Tower 120
DVD burner/writer
320GB HDD
Corsair 620HX

Ok so I made sure all the connections were in place, all the CPU fans were connected, The GTX and the 24Pin in the mobo was in. I plugged it all in and turned it on. It did boot up and launch BIOS. But I forgot to plug in a Keyboard or mouse. Both my keyboard and mouse are USB so I turned the machine off and repluged them in. When I tried to start it up a 2nd time, nothing would happen. Not one thing would start up at all. Keep in mind I did shut the PC off myself before I plugged in my mouse and keyboard.

When I started it up the first time I didn't press delete to go into BIOS so it just went to the screen that said to load the OS. It did make one BIOS beep which meant it detected everything. But now whenever I press the power it just doesn't do anything. when the PSU switch is on the Mobo LED just constantly beep over and over. I Assume this means its in sleep mode.

Hope you guys had some exp with this before. Only thing I can think what i didn't completely get was when I installed my Tuniq Tower there was 2 plugs comming from it. The 3-prong plug that I plugged into the CPU fan port on my motherboard, then some really small black chord that I didn't plug into anything.

I took it all apart and set everything back together. I still get just the blinking LED light on the mobo. It will not power on through my Antec 900 power button and all the connections are in completely. I'm gonna try my friends power supply and if that doesn't work then my power supply probably isn't broken.
Would it be most likely my mobo that is shot then or something? or is it possible the case power button somehow broke (even though I doubt that since it seem to work and I don't see how I broke it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom