Anyone power supply savy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modular power supplies really arent that great, all modular psu's have increased latency becuase of the extra connections to the psu. Its better to have a regular configuration.

Modular power supplies really arent that great, all modular psu's have increased latency becuase of the extra connections to the psu. Its better to have a regular configuration.

That's all meaningless mumbo jumbo.. Does it translate to the real world? No. Modular is just as fine as regular wiring except a **** of a lot more convenient.

That's all meaningless mumbo jumbo.. Does it translate to the real world? No. Modular is just as fine as regular wiring except a **** of a lot more convenient.

yep, plug-in what u need, don't plugin what u don't, much more airflow in the case too

Cheaper and as good or better then the Xclio ($80 or $70 if you use a new google checkout account):

Buy.com - Corsair 520W SLI Certified Modular ATX Power Supply - CMPSU-520HX

And yeah if it's the psu from the case, that's probably the thing causing it.. They are only meant from the crap de la crap systems.
Excellent power supply. I bought one a few months ago. And I use it with a 8800gts. I posted some pics on tf, if you want i could post them again. Modular psu's are great, unless they are the ultra x-connect psu's then those are a nightmare.
EDIT: <here are the pictures, scroll to the very bottom.
ToV :: View topic - Recommend me a power supply!

As another person state you do no not just add up the amps on the rails and get 30....if it is a stock PSU then get a new one because they are horrible always. Modular is just fine.....regardless of what you hear the fact of it being modular does not mean it will not power your system.

As another person state you do no not just add up the amps on the rails and get 30....if it is a stock PSU then get a new one because they are horrible always. Modular is just fine.....regardless of what you hear the fact of it being modular does not mean it will not power your system.

yay sora's back :)

Sora, I see your name says "bang for your buck master." So how about pointing me in the right direction of a PSU ?

I've got a Sapphire x1950 GT - 512 MB that says on the back "30 amps on a 12v rail recommended."

lol... u do know he changed that himself right?? In fact i just changed it :)

but get a corsair 520 for 80$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom