Need to build gaming desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey, this is for my co worker who is planning on building his gaming desktop.
He said his limit was 1500.

I told him he will be better of going with a DX10 video card. I was wondering if you need to play dx10 games, do you need vista?

So if you guys can give me links to parts that would be awsome.
And im guessing intel is better than amd so only intel parts.

Thanks

um not quite, ppl are hacking dx 10 to work on XP, not sure if its successful, as for spending 1500$ for a PC, thats unnecessary, spend 1300$ at the msot brb witha build

AMD Build:

6000+
evga 590
crucial ballistix 2gb KIT
coolermaster elite 330 (or any other case)
Corsair 520
Seagate Barracuda (any HD depends on space u want)
8800gts 320mb

Intel:
p35-ds3r
e6550
crucial ballistix 2gb KIT
coolermaster elite 330 (or any other case)
Corsair 520
8800gts 320mb
Seagate Barracuda (any HD depends on space u want)
DVD-RAM drive(u can get dvd-rom if u don't need to burn disks)

how much does all that come up to?
he probably will get a dvd burner.

Infact i might save up some money to build my desktop too.
If i do all this threw newegg, i can get their credit card so i dont have to pay up front.

little bit under 1k for the AMD, maybe a little over 1k for the Intel, not sure tho, u might need to look it up, cuz i'm having newegg issues.... its not loading!!!

If i do build my pc, i want it to be able to play the latest games that will be coming out, like crytek and COD4. on max settings without any hassle.

If im going to spend a lot of money, i might as well get the best.
And if it is the best, i wont have to worry about overclocking.

If i do build my pc, i want it to be able to play the latest games that will be coming out, like crytek and COD4. on max settings without any hassle.

If im going to spend a lot of money, i might as well get the best.
And if it is the best, i wont have to worry about overclocking.

i doubt u can do max settings.... cuz newer games will be true DX 10 and we don't no how these do on dx 10, but depending on ur monitors resolution, u might be able to play max settings, just don't expect 1680 x 1050 to run Crysis at full settings

btw... how big do u want ur HD, i got it to work, just everyone on my network hogging the bandwidth

hah.
for hd maybe around 300 and up.

You know what.
I just bought an opteron 165, new gfx card, mobo,ram.
IM SO STUPID.
I couldve just saved that and gotten the credit card from new egg and build from there!!!.

OR should i wait more till these games come out, just incase gfx card price drop or new ones come out?
what do you think....

i have to go to some dinner now, and then i, gonna go watch the simpsons so sill be back later tonight.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom