Anyone power supply savy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webfugitive

Solid State Member
My video card (Sapphire x1950gt 512mb):D , says it requires 30amps on a 12v rail:confused: . Currently it's on a PSU that has 12v1 - 14a ... and 12v2 16a. Is that 30 amps ? If so ... why is my computer ...

*crashing during heavy video/games
*freezing (randomly) during minor use
*having problems start-up

(would this cause these problems?)

If not, how do I find one that won't break the bank ?:freak:

I'm running quite a small load. I'd like to keep my watts down if possible. A PSU calculator said I only need 380 - since those results can be screwy sometimes I'm shooting for 450w or lower. Any thoughts fellas?

<fade2black2004>
Whats an easy way to tell if it's acceptable or not ?

<vernong>
It's just the crummy one that came with the iMicro case. 450watt. Would it be causing the aformentioned problems if the ampres is too low ?

I'm running quite a small load. I'd like to keep my watts down if possible. A PSU calculator said I only need 380 - since those results can be screwy sometimes I'm shooting for 450w or lower. Any thoughts fellas?

<fade2black2004>
Whats an easy way to tell if it's acceptable or not ?

<vernong>
It's just the crummy one that came with the iMicro case. 450watt. Would it be causing the aformentioned problems if the ampres is too low ?

thats the issue... never never... use a PSU stock from a case.... its bound to crap on u.... i wouldn't even trust a stock case PSU from Corsair....

we have a pSU guide... no1 reads the stickies anymore.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom