bios (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of Bios settings?
You can't really delete them, but you can change them...
Is there a problem here or something?

i had just formated my hard disk and had a MADX BOOT floppy in the drive which has the buttons for formating deleting bios setting and other things. (computer will not boot or do anything at all)

my motherboard

XP with a 40GB Seagate hard drive, MSI (Micro Star) MS-6391 (845 Pro4) motherboard and it has 256mb ram; please suggest anything that might be helpful. Thanks

Supposing your BIOS wasn't flashed but just changed to incorrect values, your MOBO instruction book should tell you the location and use of a jumper to reset them to default. If they were improperly flashed and you can still boot from a diskette, go to your mobo manufaturer's site. They should have a utility you can save to disk to change/upgrade your BIOS. Install disk in computer and follow instructions.

i have the disk your talking about but the computer dose not even read the floppy drive it just turns on and beeps. nothing comes up of the screen or anything.

i think im going to have to take it to the shop, thanks anyway

hmmm, if you can't even read a floppy, try resetting your bios.

Open your case, and pop out that Round battery. Let it sit for a good 15 secs or so, then pop it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom