Quick Question!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath

Baseband Member
I have this continuing problem of a blue screen with this code on it - 0x0000007E or my computer restarting. Its been doing this for awhile and i haven't added anything to the computer since i have had/built it other that a external hardrive and headphones. What should i do and how!> this is really ****ing me off!!!
It says its a stop error code because of a device driver, what is the most simplistic way to fix this problem....

Any help would be appreciated!!! :)

do the headphones you have require drivers?
if they do then take them out and see if it works. if they don't then disconnect the hd from the system and see if you get the blue screen of death.

$opening = "::wavewave::";

echo = "Most likely you'll need to do a system restore, if the above mentioned does not work for you. Might have to go into safe mode then:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Will take the computer back a few days or a few weeks, depends on last time your computer has saved itself. You wont lose any major information, but some information that was saved recently might be lost. The restore can be undone if no major problems happens.

Let us know what happens!";

have you guys heard of this problem before, has anyone else had this problem?
Someone told me to uninstall most hardware drivers and reinstall them....which i have looked for updates for most of my hardware drivers and everything is the latest.

Wverb0783 i got a message just like that but it said CAUSE = UNKNOWN! WTF!!!!

I have this continuing problem of a blue screen with this code on it - 0x0000007E or my computer restarting. Its been doing this for awhile and i haven't added anything to the computer since i have had/built it other that a external hardrive and headphones. What should i do and how!> this is really ****ing me off!!!
It says its a stop error code because of a device driver, what is the most simplistic way to fix this problem....

Any help would be appreciated!!! :)

in this post you mention the error code 0x0000007E, i looked it up and posted what it was. so that is likely what is causing your problem.

in this post you mention the error code 0x0000007E, i looked it up and posted what it was. so that is likely what is causing your problem.

Correct i know u looked it up, but what i was saying was i had the same page come up very similar this one u posted You receive a "serious error" or a "STOP: 0x0000007E" error message in Windows XP
BUT if you look at the link you sent me, on that page you will see CAUSE and under it, it says something wrong with "Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 Joystick" i dont even have a joystick. When my page came up similiar to yours under CAUSE mine said unknown

I am pretty sure it isnt a corrupt hdd. Anyother ideas?

your best bet may be to try doing a windows repair, using the xp cd, save any sesitive data to dvd or cd first if at all possible. by doing a windows repair you will replace the current drivers, hopefully fixing your problem. since you can't find which driver is the issue. just out of curiosity, have you done a windows update lately? maybe some of your drivers are out of date. If you haven't go here Microsoft Update to download the latest drivers. (you will need to do this in Internet Explorer)

Well lets try this stuff before you jump into reinstalling windows and everything else.

I highly doubt its the external HD or the headphones. Most headphones don't need drivers so thats most likely not the problem.

Do this download Highjackthis and run it. It will delete all the spamware and everything else that might just be causing the "blue screen of death". Also if it was working fine before without any errors i am sure its not any driver problems or anything. You might have to reinstall windows it might be a internal error within windows. If you wanted to you can try to restore the computer. but leave these options last and try some new things to see if you can fix it without having to that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom