Just got my 8800GTX w00t

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont do sli GTXs thats just a waste of money
just wait for the 9800 or something better because they will blow sli GTXs out of the water

heres a quick rundown

Antec 900 w/side panel fan
EVGA nForce 680i SLI mobo
Q6600 G0
Tuniq 120 w/MX-1 paste
Rosewill 750w PS
(2) Seagate 320GB 7200.10's in RAID0
Crucial Ballistix 2GB memory
EVGA 8800GTX (a second later)
LITE-ON DVD Burner and a DVD ROM Drives
LG 20.1" Widescreen
Logitech G5
Microsoft Keyboard

I vote no on the motherboard, stay away from the 680.

Go P35.

The 680i isn't one of them. If you wanted the SLI option, the 650i chipset, is better.

Other than being a slightly better overclocker in some instances the 650i isn not a superior board. The latest tests are showing the 680i with the P30 bios, are performing very closely with the P35s and in many instances even passing them.

AnandTech: NVIDIA 680i SLI: Official 1333MHz FSB CPU Support Arrives

"The NVIDIA 680i chipset has always been a top performer in gaming and this trends continues in our limited test suite. Although the performance differences between the boards are extremely minor, we see the EVGA 680i taking the top score in two of the benchmarks. This is reversal from previous P35 test results that utilized an AMD HD 2900XT card. Still, gaming performance is driven by the GPU, especially in the latest titles, but every extra bit of performance always helps."

Other than being a slightly better overclocker in some instances the 650i isn not a superior board. The latest tests are showing the 680i with the P30 bios, are performing very closely with the P35s and in many instances even passing them.

AnandTech: NVIDIA 680i SLI: Official 1333MHz FSB CPU Support Arrives

"The NVIDIA 680i chipset has always been a top performer in gaming and this trends continues in our limited test suite. Although the performance differences between the boards are extremely minor, we see the EVGA 680i taking the top score in two of the benchmarks. This is reversal from previous P35 test results that utilized an AMD HD 2900XT card. Still, gaming performance is driven by the GPU, especially in the latest titles, but every extra bit of performance always helps."

that "little" performance isn't the extra cash, plus the Intel chipsets tend to have lower scores in benchmarks than other chipsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom