AMD shows off 3.0Ghz Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not go watercooling? There's no way for air to wade it's way through all the crap in that case.

Now that's just stupid. I don't care who you are.

Intense? Yes.

Would anyone that knew anything about money management want to run that?No.

We all know how SLI has been so far, so why in the world would you ever want to run 3 video cards? You must be playing a a EXTREMELY high resolution to honestly need that.

AMD shows off 3.0GHz Phenom

aww NICE..........i love the 3 HD 2900 XTs in there. I do think that 2 graphics cards r enough for gaming experience lol. But still, 3.0GHz, that is fast!!
Niice.

There have been rumours floating around about K10 being underperforming (unable to reach high clock speeds), or being released late.

But I think this article pretty much smashes any negativity surrounding K10 for me.
A fully working K10 quad at 3GHZ, using what looks like a pretty standard cooler (well, aside from having four 120mm fans on the side of the case).

AMD promised, and it seems AMD has delivered.
Why not go watercooling? There's no way for air to wade it's way through all the crap in that case.
Are you serious? that's actually a really clean case. Especially considering there are three really big video cards in there.

Not to mention, there are four 120mm fans at the side of the case.

Anyway, I have a watercooling system fit for AM2. I'm hoping a K10 quad will go well with it when they come out.

Today's GPU can calculate physics, and a mid-range GFX card is a lot less expensive than a physics add-in. Basically, you're looking at a Crossfire with a physics card in the loop. This is not the first to be done like this, as far as prototypes go. but it does work.

A lot of people bash TheInquirer, but they are right a whole lot more than they are wrong, and many times people say they were wrong was actually people thinking their off-the-cuff humor was actual stories and/or articles. TheInquirer has a lot of close-in sources in a lot of places, and they get a whiff of what is coming well in advance of most out there.

$$$ ?????

what what what?

some1 mentioned that the Phenoms will be in the 200$ range... pretty cheap for a new quad-core.... that answer ur what what

as for the welcome back was for mr.fluffles.. haven't seen him round here in a month or so

Yeah it's a real clean case, Watercooling just seems more convenient with the amount of heat all that stuff is gonna throw off. I have no doubt those fans get the job done though, There are quite a few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom