Q6600 is down to $340

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares, it's not like any programs are going to use Quad Core's for a long time.

By then, all of your other hardware will be outdated and you will have to upgrade anyway.

Who cares, it's not like any programs are going to use Quad Core's for a long time.

By then, all of your other hardware will be outdated and you will have to upgrade anyway.

You're right about that.

But. With games and apps becoming multi-threaded now days, with Vista running background stuff all the time, having multiple cores is a big helper.

go look at some benchmarks

the quad still runs faster than any of the dual cores in 95% of programs

I'm 95% sure I won't order the q6600 from newegg. Newegg right now has to be one of the worst deals for the q6600, my strategy to go to frys and ask to look at the q6600 box first will ensure I get a g0 stepping. Unless they illegally switched processors product codes in which case I really can't do anything.

sry for the stupid question or the incorrect placement of the question...but what is g0 stepping it sounds cool but i have no idea what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom