what is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
Ok well i went into my bios on my custom computer and i changed settings like FBS and Voltages because i was trying to overclock it .... and when i went ot save the settings the screen went black what happened..... how can i fix it the computer turns on when i power it up like all the lights come on and all the fans are spinning but the screen continues to stay black.... please help me i can hear my hard drive spinning and i know my CDdvd drive works because the lights are comeing on in the front and it sounds like its trying to work.... my graphics card has to be working because when i plug it into my monitor the monitor stops doing the disconected cable box thing and just goes black.... and the power button on the monitor is orange ...... my mobo isnt fried because the RJ-45 port lights come on and my CPU fan spins up because its also connected to the mobo which is getting power..... what is this is this a dead processor? dead graphics card? dead mobo? please help me figure this out i've put way to much money and time into this computer for it to not work like this......

It's a shiny metal circle on your motherboard, you can't miss it. It is roughly an inch in diameter.
For the illiterate:
nforce570slitav51sj2.jpg

thx alot man i found the battery anyways before you posted that so lol my dad was like..... battery well that thing right there looks like a battery and im like o_O wtf yeah it is so i took it out for 3 seconds like you said and it cleared CMOS!

Congrats, on your fix... and yes clearing the reseting the BIOS is done easiest the way you did it, pull the battery for 10 - 30 seconds, theres usually no need to move jumpers around. Good Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom