E6750 Multiplier jumping in CPUZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Intel's Speedstep technology. It changes the multiplier of the CPU's with Speedstep to lower or normalize the clocking. This is a way the CPU can run at a lower frequency when it is not in use, thus giving off less heat. When your computer does get used, the multiplier will be set back to the normal, 8x in this situation, and the CPU will clock at it normal clock for the duration of the usage. Once it's done and in idle, it downs the multiplier. This change is completely NORMAL, but if you want it to be 8x all the time, there is a setting for it. It is called EIST in the BIOS and this can be disabled for full clocking all the time.

K, what about my temps here
System 50 C
CPU 27 C

That is the same in the Bios, Everest, and EasyTuner, does that seem right?

50C?

Mine is 30-33C, and CPU is 50C idle. But yea, it changes depending if it's being used or not. Not to recently for some reason it wouldn't reset back to 9x when installed my new RAM. Turned out it set my multiplier in my bios at 6x instead of 9x.

For the CPU I didn't put any because I thru the ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro and just used the pad already on there.

Can someone list the programs used to get a good load temp. I have them on my other pc, but dummy me only has on keyboard and one mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom