Desktop problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Does everyone here know what the desktop icon(toolbar) is? The icon that is next to the START taskbar button... when you press it, it minimizes the windows so that you can see the desktop.

Ok, I dragged this icon out onto the desktop on accident and now I can't get the icon back onto the taskbar. I drag it onto the taskbar and it creates a shortcut on the taskbar, the original stays on the desktop. I tried right clicking on the taskbar and clicking and unclicking the desktop toobar option, but that doesn't do anything. When I delete the original, that option doesn't even work, it browses for a file. So I can't delete it...

How do I get the original icon onto the taskbar again??

Make sure your taskbar is not locked (Right Click, Lock Taskbar.) Then drag it up to make it 2 lines. Then drag the icon back into the Quick Launch toolbar.

Voila, done.

$opening = "::wavewave::";

$message = "The 'show-desktop' icon that was there originally can just be placed in the quick launch folder of your PC. I suspect your using XP, so the folder should be somewhere like:

C:\Documents and Settings\userName\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Replace userName with user name of the desktop you are on. Place the icon in there, and your done. If you have a different OS, let us know.";

echo = $message;

Make sure your taskbar is not locked (Right Click, Lock Taskbar.) Then drag it up to make it 2 lines. Then drag the icon back into the Quick Launch toolbar.

Voila, done.

That method didn't work, it kept putting back the "shortcut" version of it. Thanks anyway.

$opening = "::wavewave::";

$message = "The 'show-desktop' icon that was there originally can just be placed in the quick launch folder of your PC. I suspect your using XP, so the folder should be somewhere like:

C:\Documents and Settings\userName\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Replace userName with user name of the desktop you are on. Place the icon in there, and your done. If you have a different OS, let us know.";

echo = $message;

LOL, I couldn't find the folder so I ended up doing a search. I put the icon back in the folder and it went back into the quick launch tray. IT WORKS NOW!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom