Stuck on build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

san21893

Uber Sanoob Techie
Looks like everything is done with the build, when the moment of truth comes, nothing. Everything looks connected, but when i plug the power supply in and hit the switch in the back, nothing happens, no activity. Possibilities?

You have to hit the PSU power switch and also the Power button in the case.
Hope that helps, if not its probably b/c something is loose or not connected the right way.

$opening = "::wavewave::";

$echo = "A few suggestions, you've probably already tried, but I have to state it anyways.

Make sure the switch on the Power Supply is turned on, if still no power to the machine after pushing the power button on the front, use a screw driver or some other metal object to touch the two pin directly on the MotherBoard together after taking off the cord to the power switch. I hope that made sense. That should allow the power to come on.

If not, it's probably a bad power supply, or bad RAM. The RAM might not be seated all the way, if they are, try replacing them with others, and the power supply. Temporarily from a different machine will be suffice. If it still does not come on, your mother board is probably bad. Usually only a bad power supply, or bad mother board will prevent any of the fans coming on. Bad RAM, CPU or anything else will still allow power.

Also, be sure to check the plug it's connected to, if it's connected to a surge protector, then make sure the switch is turned on. Good Luck!";

$opening = "::wavewave::";

echo = "The POST error should be like a floppy missing, or time in the BIOS needs to be changed, or something to that sort. We'll need more info on the error to assist with it though.

Atleast it did power up! Good job on the new build!";

Thanks but this first build didnt go so smoothly,

power and hdd leds dont light up on the case

one wire connected to the usb ports front of the case fell out from a tight location, what fun

no beep when starting the system

and now this post error ill read up on it and get back to you guys

Otherwise, the building process was splendid!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom