******** System Voltage Optimized ********
System Voltage Control [Manual]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control [Normal]
PCI-E OverVoltage Control [Normal]
FSB OverVoltage Control [Normal]
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [Normal]
CPU Voltage Control [Normal]
Normal CPU Vcore 1.4000V
��������: Move Enter: Select +/-/PU/PD: Value F10: Save ESC: Exit F1: General Help
F5: Previous Values F6: Fail-Safe Defaults F7: Optimized Defaults
Item Help
Menu Level��

this is what the bios mib tweeker page looks like. which one of these settings needs to be changed to bring the ram freq down?

So what does it currently say, in your BIOS? The x CPU Host Frequency is 375, and the memory frequency is 540?

To change the timings you would have to choose "Option 2", in High Speed DRAM DLL Settings.

IM at AIM please...it would be easier to explain.

Okay so with B1gapl's help. I was able to get the system to come up without increased voltage, well actually it is only at 1.3625. Thanks for the link Metal that also helped. I shall see how it runs at 375 for now. and hopefully i can push it some more. What is the max voltage I should send to the CPU?

Your motherboard being a P35-DS3R, you shouldn't have to put too much voltage to get, where you want to go. The max depends on your temperatures though. If your temps are below 60-65c on load, than it's OK to up your voltage one notch at a time, only when your system is unstable. I'd say, don't go over 1.55-1.6v...it's just too much.

Okay so what I did. was drop the voltage back down to stock, 1.350. Kept the FSB @ 375. It appears to be stable running ortho's At the moment.

mobo temp = 36c
cpu core = 35c
cor #1 = 44c
core #2 = 45c

wow...that's great!...Hope everything goes well. I guess the RAM overclocked too high before, was causing the instability.

wow...that's great!...Hope everything goes well. I guess the RAM overclocked too high before, was causing the instability.

With those numbers. What do you think i can get this to run at? Mind you those are full orthos load temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom