EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS
OCZ 2ghz memory
Windows 2000

Ulta X-Blaster case
Thermaltake 775 CPU fan
2x Thermaltake smart case fans
Arctic Silver 5 paste

the room which the computer is in sits at about 80-85 degrees throughout day

I went through all the precautions to prevent overheating while putting it together, yet according to coretemp 0.95 my cores are running at 48c and 47c idle. T-Junction is at 100c.

what is going on?

Those temps are fine. The CPU is running at 47-48C idle. T-junction is 100C because that's the maximum temperature tolerance of the computer. Nothing to worry about. What does Everest Home say?

Everest Home 2.20 says the CPU is at 30c, same as speedfan's reading. thanks to everest I just learned the GPU is at 58c idle. is that normal as well?

under load it is causing random reboots. if it's not the CPU, could the GPU be overheating?

::edit:: are you positive the coretemp's 47-48c reading is normal considering all the aftermarket cooling?

not for a GPU dude. Mines around there, maybe a little more.

Yeah, random reboots could be fault memory. happened with me.

no dude it isnt. its normal. my CPU is 48C idle and 80+ load.

im confused now. I will assume your sig's core temps are before you overclocked, but my E4300 is brand new and running at stock 1.8ghz yet it is generating just as much heat as your overclocked E6600. that can't be good can it?

I plan to OC after some time, however my temps at 1.8ghz dont leave me much room.

Yeah, random reboots could be fault memory. happened with me.

as far as random reboots, if it isnt overheating which is a big relief, you are probably right about the memory.

I might try reformatting in windows xp for the sake of it. hopefully it conflicts less with the hardware than win2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom