Need help p35 ds3r

Status
Not open for further replies.

san21893

Uber Sanoob Techie
On the motherboard, there are two types of holes to mount, one of them is plain, and the other is all fancy looking with silver dots around it. Is the fancy looking one metalized so it could be mounted directly with a screw and no washer?

I cant upload a pic since my pos dell...

I'm a bit interested in this too... anyone know anything about it?

Edit: I'm planning on getting this mobo too. The manual that comes with the mobo doesn't talk about this?

I've haven't gotten that far yet with building, but I will need to know as well, since we are using the same mobo. ;)

I just ran into this while reading an article about installing motherboards

"Finally, many cases ship with small fiber washers. You shouldn't use these, as today's motherboards have insulators around the holes."

So that may be the case, and what they look like to me.

Also this page is good.

How to Install a Motherboard | Hardware Secrets

I just ran into this while reading an article about installing motherboards

"Finally, many cases ship with small fiber washers. You shouldn't use these, as today's motherboards have insulators around the holes."

So that may be the case, and what they look like to me.

Also this page is good.

How to Install a Motherboard | Hardware Secrets

Nice, I think you got it... looks exactly like what he explained.

Well ok :) So far so good, I'm writing this message from my new build in my sig. Everything looks good so far except right now in CPUZ its stating I am currently running at 2 ghz - 333 x 6. The Multiplier for the e6750 should be 8. Umm, I guess I'll look into that one :( Still got a lot of updates and drivers to go though.

Woo Hoo - congrats! First post from the new build, that's pretty darn cool.

I'll be building a very similar system in a couple week - so I'm glad to hear that it went well ; )

Well ok :) So far so good, I'm writing this message from my new build in my sig. Everything looks good so far except right now in CPUZ its stating I am currently running at 2 ghz - 333 x 6. The Multiplier for the e6750 should be 8. Umm, I guess I'll look into that one :( Still got a lot of updates and drivers to go though.

Our systems are very similar, is that your first build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom