**URGENT** Keyboard/Mouse combo inoperative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
So my keyboard/mouse combo unit is completely inoperative. heres a description of the unit:

It is a wireless hub connected to my computer via USB, that transfers data from my wireless keyboard and my wireless mouse. the hub is plugged in to the back of the computer, and some lights are on and blinking. the keyboard and mouse both dont respond at all. on the mouse, i can see the optical light on, and fluctuating, so it is at least reading and working. but i dont know if its either not sending the information, or the hub isnt picking it up. the same with the keyboard, i replaced the batteries twice now, tried restarting it, still doesnt respond at all, im inclined to think its a problem in that hub thing. there are four possible lights. 2 locks on one side, with an A in the first one and what i think is a 9 in the second one. on the right is a picture of a keyboard and a picture of a mouse with low battery symbols next to them. both of these are off. there is also a blinking light under the power button that seems to blink when its in operation, but even when its blinking im getting no response from the mouse/keyboard.

Here is some info on my computer:
Dell Dimension 4600 with the following upgrades:
2gb Patriot RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512mb video card
new fan
new PSU (FSC 500W i believe, or some other fortron psu)
Windows XP

this problem has never occured before, and i am completely confused. here is what i have tried:
restarting the computer
restarting the hub/mouse/keyboard
replacing batteries where applicable
holding down the hub power button (maybe it was a reset, didnt seem to do anything after 20s of holding it down).

anyone got any ideas? im probably just going to buy a new one, but i really dont want to have to be stuck on this laptop until we can do that :D

You've tried plugging the keyboard/mouse into the computer directly w/out the hub, I'm guessing? If not...try that to rule out that it's the hub. If that doesn't work, then try a cabled keyboard/mouse.

the thing doesnt have cables, by hub i sort of meant wireless hub. the keyboard/mouse have no wires attatched, they transmit a wireless signal to the "hub" and that is wired into the computer.

also, they didnt come with any software to my knowledge (plug&play i think), and even if they did i have no way to access it, i cant even log in because i cant use the keyboard or mouse :D

any suggestions? im going out to buy a new keyboard/mouse right now, but id still like to fix these ones to have as a backup :D

When you said 'usb hub' I assumed you meant a regular USB hub where recieviers for your mouse/keyboard were plugged into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom